We finally finished the railing for the stairs. Well, one set of them anyways (one small one and one MONSTER one to go). This railing goes from the kitchen to the entryway. I’m so excited to finally have this done, because we can now both park in the garage again.
Some things we learned from this project:
1. If it takes you three months to get it done, you are going to have specks of dirt and dust on the railing.
2. You will need to sand after you prime if you don’t get your groove on and just finish it within a weekend.
3. Two guys are needed to carry it. We learned this the hard way and had to have Dad come over and weld it back together.
4. It looks awesome with bright white semi-gloss spray paint. Such a big change from the dingy off-white color.
5. Sand it better (Luke does this the best).
6. Enjoy it!
We have quite a bit left on our to-do list for July. We aren’t going to get everything done, but hopefully we can cross a few more off the list within the next few days.
July To-Do List
- Refinish Chairs (sand, prime and paint)
- Reupholster Chairs
- Finish Painting Master entry bathroom
- Electrical outlets in Master entry bathroom
- Refinish bathroom towel hardware
- Beautify entry master bathroom space
- Make Greyson new curtains
- Move mattress/boxspring from basement to 3rd bedroom
- Finish staircase rail and put up
- Finish painting entryway (floor level only)
- Hang frames and mirrors in entryway
- Finish painting entryway loft area
- Hang artwork in the loft area
- Finish with networking cables
- Clean-up electronics area in basement
- Cut a hole out of door for the cat to get in the basement
- Clean Greyson’s blinds
- Sand & refinish window casing in Greyson’s room
- Hang Ikea swing in playroom
- Finish master bedroom light