It feels like I’m in the kitchen 75% of the day. Greyson and I get up and have breakfast, Luke comes home for lunch and we all eat dinner together. In between those times I’m cooking, getting a drink, getting food for the cat, or cleaning. Seriously, I LIVE in the kitchen. So, the other day, while I was dreaming about what my kitchen could have or look like, I took a moment to think about the pieces in my kitchen that I just couldn’t part with. These are the things that I came up with:
1. Chalkboard : We painted a chalkboard wall as one of our first projects. I can’t explain how much I love this. No, it is not “Pinterest” approved in regards to the writing, but oh how it gets used! We keep a monthly calendar and then on the the bottom is just open space for whatever. Greyson uses it to draw or we make lists together, just a bit of everything.
2. Shun Knives : They are worth the money…every penny of it! Amazon has them as does Williams Sonoma. That’s all I’m saying…go check them out.
3. Metal Colander : I love how these always sit on a pedestal. I have two of them (two different sizes) and I could use another one. You can usually grab them for under $10 at HomeGoods, TJMaxx or Ross. They come in all different colors so that makes them fun as well!
4. Edge Brownie Pan : One of my favorite Christmas presents ever. I think I got this about five years ago and, oh boy, do I love it! All edges…no center…hate it or love it. I love it. Find it here.
5. Crocheted Dish Towels : These guys are hard to find in a modern fabric. I can sometimes find them at craft fairs and flea markets. I just poked around on Etsy and found some. I love these. They hang on the stove bar and are so convenient.
6. Butcher Cut Art : My DIY. I love these guys.
So, that’s about it. I don’t have a Kitchen Aid Mixer (say, what?) so that didn’t make the list. I stayed away from kitchen appliances, but sometime I may post on those. We have an amazing immersion blender and food processor. I’m also a huge fan of our mandolin. Can you tell I use the kitchen? Just a bit!
What do you guys love in your kitchen? Any of these?