How do you add character to a cookie cutter house? We are diving deep into the ways to make your house different from your neighbors. Make it feel like home with simple upgrades such as lighting changes, exterior decor and more.
via Create Enjoy
Both Suzannah and I have lived in brand-new builder basic homes (and Suzannah has also lived in a dated, dingy one). We are passionate about taking these homes beyond decor and helping you make them feel unique and fitting to your personal style! You’ll hear tons of ideas in this episode, ranging from easy DIYs to projects to plan ahead for.
Resources & inspirations mentioned:
- What is a cookie cutter house?
- Suzannah’s painted doors and trim
- Adding trim to make plain doors look paneled
- Suzannah’s latest spray painted light fixture
- How to spray paint a brass fireplace screen
- Blesser House shares some great ways to add charm to a cookie cutter home.
- Picture frame molding idea.
- Suzannah’s faux wood beam installation
- Amazing before/after of fireplace area/built-ins
- How to add interest to the exterior of your cookie cutter home.
- Houzz article on how to customize a basic house.
- Blesser House has some really great before and after’s
- Apartment Therapy post on exterior updates to make your house have more character.
- The Lettered Cottage’s tips for adding character.
You can find us on our blogs or connect with each of us on Instagram: