Wall to wall paper…ugly curtains…yuck. We have done so much in here, but it still isn’t “done”. In progress pictures coming soon!
We haven’t finished painting the entryway (floor level or loft area), but I have decorated the floor level. Priorities, people! lol. We finished painting a few of the walls on the floor level and they just so happen to be the walls that I wanted to hang things on. So, it just worked.
Progress is being made on the July To-Do list, but not enough. I think we are feeling a bit burned out. We had a little talk last night on finishing what we have started on without starting new projects. I *might* be the starter of the new projects but not the finisher of anything. lol.
See the fabric laying over the chair? I’m going to reupholster the chairs with it. I hope it turns out bright and fun. Since that project was already listed and semi-started….I was given the ok to finish it. =)
Luke laughed at me this past weekend as we were sitting outside and I was making this list. I find great satisfaction in making lists and then crossing items off the list as I get them done.
Anyways, so here is MY list for July.
July To-Do List
- Refinish Chairs (sand, prime and paint)
- Reupholster Chairs
- Finish Painting Master entry bathroom
- Electrical outlets in Master entry bathroom
- Refinish bathroom towel hardware
- Beautify entry master bathroom space
- Make Greyson new curtains
- Move mattress/boxspring from basement to 3rd bedroom
- Finish staircase rail and put up
- Finish painting entryway (floor level only)
- Hang frames and mirrors in entryway
- Finish painting entryway loft area
- Hang artwork in the loft area
- Finish with networking cables
- Clean-up electronics area in basement
- Cut a hole out of door for the cat to get in the basement
- Clean Greyson’s blinds
- Sand & refinish window casing in Greyson’s room
- Hang Ikea swing in playroom
- Finish master bedroom light
The brown curtain was put up right at one point. I can’t remember why it was taken down and then just thrown over the curtain rod. I did it, but I can’t remember why.
My Grandma had this awesome vintage fabric in her basement and I knew it would be perfect to make a curtain out of. It was a super easy curtain to make because the fabric curls in by itself, meaning, I didn’t have to hem it.
We plan on doing a window treatment directly on the glass, but we haven’t gotten around to that yet. I hope we don’t have any peeping toms in the neighborhood.
*I was being lazy and just used the point and shoot…poor picture quality…sorry.
The crazy yellow wall in our bedroom bathroom entryway (I still don’t know what to call that little alcove) is not as crazy as you think. I have a few dashes of yellow in our bedroom that match perfectly with the wall.
Luke and I bought this painting by Caroline Wright. Her stuff is amazing. I wanted to link to the painting for sale but it looks like she isn’t offering reproductions at this time. Still, visit her website and check her out.
This piece of fabric is actually a pouf in the making. My Grandma and I had a couple of glitches with it and it is still sitting on my floor waiting to be finished.
So, the crazy yellow wall didn’t come out of nowhere. A few hints of the yellow are about in our room.