Back in April, I did a “30 Before 30” list. It’s been a few months and I was just thinking about what I’ve yet to accomplish. So, it’s a personal-type post today. Fair warning.
My list included:
1. Hit up all the thrift stores in town (not all on the same day, but I want to see if I’m missing any gems!). I’ve definitely tried a few new ones, but haven’t hit them all!
2. Finish the hallway bathroom. We have baseboards to go and then we are done!
3. Survive Disneyland with a toddler. Hallelujah we survived this one. I wrote a tips and tricks post for surviving Disney.
4. Have a family photoshoot done in the snow.
5. Travel to another Chiefs game in an opposing team’s stadium. Tickets booked for December. Any good recommendations for places to eat/visit in Phoenix and Las Vegas?
(We do an annual game with my whole family, which we love, but on my bucket list is to see the Chiefs play in every stadium in the NFL).
6. Be healthy and join a gym. Joined a gym in April and started doing high intensity workouts in July. Feeling more confident that I ever have before.
7. Try to be more compassionate.
8. Have a playdate and let the kids play in the mud.
9. Have a monthly dinner party (with friends or family) at our house. I give us a 7 out of 10 on this one. We’ve hosted all sides of both of the families and our friends so we are doing much better than last year.
10. Have a “Come use our crapper” party once the bathroom is finished.
11. Make weekly date night a priority.
12. Go to a farm-to-table dinner.
13. Continue to be silly with the little guy.
14. Have more dance parties. The little man and I have this one down. =)
15. Hand paint a wall with some cool design (or rather motivate Luke to do this).
16. Get the basement under control. It doesn’t need to look like a dungeon in there.
17. Paint over the hideous coral color in the guest bedroom (eeks… what was I thinking?).
18. Do a brewery tour in KC. Yay! Completed!
19. Start on my studio (more about that coming soon!).
20. Be more content in the phase that we are in.
21. Continue to instill a love of travel in the little one. I think we are doing great with this one. He had a blast in CA and is looking forward to going to Hawaii in the Spring.
22. Have more meaningful conversations with my besties.
23. Get the dang water fountain working on the patio. It’s working now, but we need to do something about regulating it’s color. It can go greenish-brown so quick!
24. Stop to enjoy the little moments more.
25. Make the Farmer’s Market part of our weekly grocery shopping.
26. Get rid of the big dirt pile in our driveway. Done! And yes, our neighbors do thank us. 27. Make a cleaning schedule that I can actually stick with. I’m still sticking with the schedule. Some weeks I don’t get everything done, but it’s a good daily reminder of what to do.
Here’s the free printable if you would like it.
28. Purge my closet. Done (once, twice and am doing it again!). Actually, I’ve decided to stop being that person who buys things on clearance because they are cheap and to start being that person who only buys a few things a year but buys things that they love. I would rather have less (MUCH LESS), but things I adore. I can’t believe it’s taken me almost 30 years to get to this point.
29. Do random acts of kindness.
30. Be in the Moment.
Out of thirty, I can say that nine are completed. But, like everything… it’s a work-in-progress.
Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!