Learning how to define your home style is something that helps the process of making your house a home with decor, renovations and more. Your home will evolve over time but knowing what you like and how to stay within that style helps contribute to how much your house feels cohesive. Learn more about all of this today on the show!
Shop my Master Bedroom
Listen below or find us on your favorite podcast app: iTunes, Stitcher, GooglePlay and Overcast.
Happy 4th of July holiday! We share what we’re up to this week, then revisit a favorite episode of ours from the archives, episode 3. It’s a big one!
Some questions we tackle and resources we cover:
- Why pick a style?
- Why not just collect and decorate with all the stuff you like?
- Are style quizzes worth the time? (Some we recommend: My Domaine home style, HGTV home style, My Domaine Spirit Pattern. Also, Home Edit Guides to home styles.)
- How much is dictated by the house vs. by your aesthetic coming into it?
- Some Instagram accounts that work with their aesthetic and the bones of their homes: Grit and Polish, Emily Netz, Francois et Moi, Ashley @ The Gold Hive.
- Once you know your favorites, how to narrow down which ones will work in your home, and defining style by designer instead of just general aesthetic (examples: Amber Interiors, Studio McGee).
You can find us on our blogs or connect with each of us on Instagram. Suzannah is @suzannahstanley and I'm at @biggerthanthethreeofus. Join the community in our Facebook group here!
Leave a Reply