1. Beat egg with a fork.
2. Mix ingredients with a mixer in this order: water, yeast, sugar, salt, oil, eggs and 1/2 the flour. Continue adding the flour until it is all incorporated.
3. Put a bit of Crisco on your hands and form the dough into a large ball. Wipe Crisco around a mixing bowl and set the dough in the mixing bowl. Cover and let rise until it has doubled in size. (In the summer, this might take 40 min. In the winter, it might take an hour and a half.)
4. Once the dough has doubled, make individuals balls with your hands. Place on a greased baking sheet or pan. This recipe will make 24 large rolls.
5. Cover the dough balls a second time and let them rise until they have doubled in size. Bake at 375 degrees for 14-16 min or until lightly brown (I like mine very lightly colored).
6. Immediately after taking them out of the oven, take a stick of salted butter and butter the tops.