You probably know this, but I’m not much into decorating for different holidays. I might be in to that as I get older (and as my house starts to be decorated in general), but in this season of my life it’s just not me. That being said, I can get on board with semi-seasonal decor that could be used year-around. I came up with a simple and free project that fits just that!
I have a few random picture frames laying around. You do too, right? Well, one of them was a semi-broken Ikea frame. I grabbed the plexi-glass from it and knew that I could make something out of it.
Then, I went online and grabbed a simple United States Map and printed it out. I hung it up on a window (a dirty one at that!) and placed the plexiglass over it.
I then grabbed a marker that I had on hand to outline the map.
Once I finished with the map outline, I let it dry and headed to the garage to make the backing. I knew I wanted something simple, so I just cut a piece of plywood to the size of the plexiglass.
I gave it a 20 second sanding job and applied a stain.
After everything was dried, I hammered two brass railheads on each side and called it a day. For $0 out of pocket and 15 minutes of my time, I’m super happy with this “Patriotic” decor.
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!
I’ve joined up with more than 30 AMAZING bloggers to tackle the challenge of creating a patriotic project or recipe without using the traditional red, white and blue color scheme! It started the first week of June and the projects have been flowing ever since. Over 30 awesome patriotic projects with you, and today, I am recapping all 30+ of them for you below. I hope you will find some inspiration on this day that we celebrate America’s independence! Happy 4th of July!!!
Oh, and you can still enter to win for your chance to win the $310 Target Gift Card using the Rafflecopter at the end of this post. But hurry, time runs out at 11:59 pm on July 4, 2014!
- DIY United States Pillow by Wood Grain Cottage
- Free Anchor Printables by Lovely, Etc.
- Weathered Star Wall Art by A House Full of Sunshine
- Vintage Patriotic Holders by Migonis Home
- Homemade Star Marshmallows by Confessions of a Secret Crafter
- DIY Wood Map by Bigger Than the Three of Us
- Patriotic Vignette by House by Hoff
- 4th of July Party Printables by The Blissful Be
- Statue of Liberty Pledge Art by A Prudent Life
- Star Spangled Entry by Finding Silver Pennies
- Stars & Stripes Tea Party by My Creative Days
- 4th of July Subway Art by Just a Girl and Her Blog
- Canadian Map Art by Inspire Me Heather
- Star Spangled Door Decor by 3 Little Greenwoods
- Patriotic Mason Jars and Free Printable by Place of My Taste
- Neutral Pallet Flag by View From the Fridge
- USA String Art by Sypsie Designs
- Lady Liberty Art by Delineate Your Dwelling
- Planked American Flag by Maison de Pax
- Fireworks Drink Stirrers by Homey Oh My!
- Mounted Declaration of Independence by Everyday Enchanting
- Land of the Free Because of the Brave Printable by Black and White Obsession
- Fireworks Table Runner by One Krieger Chick
- Chalkboard Bunting by The Dolen Diaries
- Vintage USA Framed Art by Made to Be a Momma
- Let Freedom Ring Utensil Caddy by Tiny Sidekick
- Wood Slice Canadiana Coasters
1. USA Map by Paper & Fox
2. Let Freedom Ring Gold Art by Life on Virginia Street
3. Wood Shim Flag by Designer Trapped in a Lawyer’s Body
4. Corrugated Metal Star Art by Addicted 2 DIY
5. Neutral Nautical Pallet Flag by Southern State of Mind
Linking up to:
C.R.A.F.T., The Makers, The DIY’ers, The Winthrop Chronicles, Home Stories A-Z, Hit Me With Your Best Shot, Work It Wednesday, Fry Sauce and Grits, Liz Marie Blog, The Inspiration Gallery, Creativity Unleashed – The Bold Abode, Remodelaholic, Whipperberry, The Creative Collection, Tatertots and Jello, Link It or Lump It, Sunday Soiree and Frugal Crafty Blog Hop.