In today’s show, we are talking all about Wood Wall Ideas and whether you can and should DIY them or hire them out.
There is so much inspiration on the internet for different types of wood wall ideas. Chip and Joanna Gaines made shiplap very well known, but there’s lots of other types of wood wall features that can be done to create more interest in your home. Suzannah and I take a deep dive into many different types of wood feature walls and talk about how easy they are, or are not, to DIY.
Wood Wall Ideas :: DIY or Hire Out
There are so many different types of wood wall features that you can do or have done in your house. Some ideas include:
Wood Wall Ideas
- Board and Batten
- Wood Box Molding
- Tongue and Groove
- Flat Wall with Unique Trim
- Horizontal or Vertical Shiplap
- Bead Board
- Raised Panels
In the show, we discussed all of these plus shared lots of amazing resources for inspiration and DIY tutorials.
Specifically, we talked about:
- My wall treatment Pinterest board
- $60 Board and Batten Tutorial from Young House Love
- Board and batten in old houses – The Gold Hive matched the spacing of hers in her entry when she did it in her bedroom. Here’s her tutorial.
- Box molding inspiration by @lightanddwell
- Jenna Sue’s box molding tutorial
- My plank wall tutorial
- Norwegian Wood’s bathroom wall with wood accents
- Francois et Moi’s beadboard in her stairwell
Some other articles we recommend: All About Interior Wall Cladding, A Gazillion Types of Wood Paneling, Emily Henderson’s post about adding architectural character with wall treatments.
Have you tried any of these treatments? Tag #shareyourhomestories on Instagram and we’ll share our favorites!
You can find us on our blogs or connect with each of us on Instagram:
Remember to #shareyourhomestories for a chance to be featured!