I'm sharing some ideas for Cool Christmas Presents for Boys (and girls, depending on interest). Whether you have a Lego lover, reader, outside explorer, etc., there's some great Christmas ideas for all ages.
I'm always on the hunt for good present ideas for my little man. Some of these things we own, some are on my list to get and some are just really cool looking; all of which, we use or I could see us using. So, here's 50+ items that I think you'll love, too!
Christmas Presents For Boys
I broke this list down by age so hopefully that will give you guidance on shopping for gift ideas for boys. I realize that each kid is different though so there could be a lot of crossover items that would work for most ages. Also, I don't think all of these are necessarily only "boy" items but I have a boy so that's what I'm basing these recommendations off of.
Christmas Presents for Boys
*Affiliate links below. Thanks for supporting this blog. Click to read my disclosure policy.
Christmas Gifts for 7 Year Old Boy
*I think these Christmas presents would probably be great for boys 5-7 years old.
- Rosie Revere, Engineer: The story and illustrations are just amazing. I'm sharing parts of it below.
- Tinker Crate: We had asked for this for Greyson a few years ago as a subscription and it was a hit. It's a monthly subscription for tinkering (engineering, science, etc.). Highly recommend!
- Swoop Bag: Great for containing legos, play trains, etc. We have one and have used it for all sorts of toys. Check the photos below to see!
- Lego Building Plates: My kiddo loves to build bases, houses and spaceships on these.
- Custom Book by Plum Print: We just had one printed and it's amazing!! Basically, you send in all the artwork that you've collected over the years and they photograph it all and put it in a digital book. How fun is that?! I sent in all Greyson's preschool artwork. A huge tub-full gone from the house and it's now all in a beautiful book.
- Travel photo book: I make one of these every year from whatever trip we took as a family. I usually write it as a story and wrap it up and put it under the tree. We all love to look at it on Christmas (+ it reminds us of how much fun we had on our trip).
- Garmin Vivofit Jr: Greyson saved up for this when he was 7 and bought it. It tracks activity and swimming (which is huge for him!) and also is able to track chores, etc.
- Twister: Always a fun favorite when we have kids over at the house.
- Nerf Gun Tactical Vest: These definitely come in handy.
- Dragons Love Tacos: Love this book.
- Kinetic Sand: Kids of all ages have a great time with this stuff.
- Ada Twist, Scientist: Such a great book!
- Diary: Greyson really liked the concept of having a diary that locks. I remember having one as a kiddo too, so this was a fun gift to give a few years ago.
- Snap Circuits Jr.: Greyson got this a few years ago. Probably best for 6+ with supervision.
- Exploading Kittens Card Game: This has been a HUGE hit at our house.
See some of the Christmas Ideas for 7 Year Old Boys in Action =)
Christmas Gifts for 8 Year Old Boy
*I think most of these Christmas presents would be good for boys ages 8-10! We actually own most of them so they are tried and true.
- The Illustrated Harry Potter books: We have these and they are amazing! Would absolutely recommend.
- Beyblade Burst Stadium: This has been a HUGE hit at our house for awhile now and just keeps on being a hit. Apparently it's also a big deal at school too.
- Labo : He got the Labo Vehicle kit two years ago and it was a big hit. Then, last year, he got the VR kit and loved it as well.
- For a swimmer, having fins to play/use are fun!
- Karaoke Machine with Bluetooth: Greyson got this two years ago and it's been fun. I'm pretty sure once the basement is finished, we will leave it out which will remind us to use it more often.
- Party Karaoke CD: Uptown Funk... enough said.
- Life: Always a fun game (except if Greyson doesn't have like 10 babies... he gets upset). 😳
- Boy's Doodle Book: We own this and it's so cool! It gives you drawing prompts that are geared towards interests that boys have (they do have a girls version, too!).
- Dart Board: This is super inexpensive and fun.
- Lego Power Functions Book: All About building with machines and mechanisms.
- The Chronicles of Narnia Series
- Nintendo Switch: Greyson got this last year and has really loved it.
- Super Mario Maker
- Razor Electric Scooter: Santa brought this to us last year and it goes so fast! Just be aware that there's not a slow mode on it.
See some of the Christmas Ideas for 8 Year Old Boys in Action =)
Christmas Gifts for a 10 Year Old Boy
- New Markers: We have these and they are really nice.
- Percy Jackson Series : These books are some of his favorites.
- Origami Beginner Box: Greyson got this last year and it has sparked lots of love for origami!
- Switch case
- Minecraft Travel Game
- Thick Art Paper
- Wings of Fire Series: These have been majorly loved at our house.
- Lego Ninjago Dragon
- Zelda (Switch game)
- Telescope: This has been something that has been brought up a few times but we have so many trees that it doesn't really work for our area.
- Ipad stand: This is actually on our list for Greyson this year. He likes to FaceTime with his friends and I think one of these would be helpful.
- Green Ember Series
- Bigger Bike: We upgraded when Greyson turned 10 (last year) and that seemed to be perfect for us.
- Flashing Bike Lights: Safety first. Luke and Greyson both use these for their bikes.
- Pro Controller for the Switch
See some of the Christmas Ideas for 10 Year Old Boys in Action =)
Christmas Gifts for an 11 Year Old Boy
- Unofficial Minecraft Guide
- Flint Striker: We got Greyson flint last year but bought one that's harder to use. I think this one actually looks like it could be something he could handle. ** This and the knife below are appropriate for our kid at this age but I'll leave what is appropriate for your kid to you. =)
- The Ranger's Apprentice Series: This is the current favorite book series at our house.
- Origami paper: It's used so often that we need more.
- Kid's Pocket knife: He got a knife last year and has stripped a few branches of bark but hasn't progressed past that yet.
- Builders and Biomes Board Game (Minecraft): We have this and like it.
- Dragon Watch Series by Brandon Mull: This series looks really good. If you have a fantasy lover like I do, you might want to check it out.
- Wireless headphones: The AirPods are a splurge but Luke and I both love them.
- Illustrated Hobbit: Greyson and I read together often and the Hobbit has been on our list to read. When I came across the illustrated version, I knew I needed to add it to the list.
I added a few more ideas on my Amazon shop if you'd like to check them out. Our aim with presents is to be intentional with what we get so that it promotes different activities. Hopefully, you are inspired by the list and find some great Christmas ideas.
ps. Looking for Christmas Ideas for Men? I have you covered!