We don’t all have the perfect spaces to store our hats, gloves, coats and boots but today we are talking about how to create a better space with DIY Mudroom Projects that anyone can do!
Tune in to today’s show, all about DIY mudroom projects, to hear how to organize, clean, build and create spaces within our own homes that work better for us. Whether you want to create a mudroom inside your garage or just find a better way to store your excess winter clothes, you’ll find good tips and ideas to help you create a space that really works for you.
Source | Photographed by Paul Dyer
We all want that organized drop zone, that beautiful mudroom, or a built-in bench with coat hangers for all our family members; but, sometimes, that’s just not an option. Today, we are chatting about how to create a drop zone for fall and winter gear that’s actually attainable for most. Whether you implement a new system for your gloves and hats (which we will give you a few options for) or learn how to corral what you have in a new way, you’ll walk away from this episode ready to tackle the space you have with a fresh set of eyes!
Inspirations that we talked about:
- We love this DIY cubby built-in. It’s a very custom, but doable DIY for most and uses the GARAGE!
- Suzannah’s Instagram post about shoes in the house
- Using the garage as a mudroom again: this wire system could be put up and utilized in just one weekend!
- If you don’t have a space to create closed storage for your drop zone, consider storing all your necessities in plain site! We love this moody entryway filled with a bench and hooks – the perfect starting point for a great drop zone!
- Baskets can be great go-to’s for hiding those pieces that you don’t necessarily want to display. Check out this more minimal drop zone that is still full of storage!
- IKEA’s shoe storage cabinets are great for shoes but think outside of the box with them as well! We love how Charlotte used an Ikea shoe cabinet for mittens and hats!
- If you have a traditional coat closet in your entryway, don’t forget about the vertical door space for storage. Hats and mittens can be stored on the door. Not only is this a great way to store them but you can let them dry out there too!
- Amazon has lots of affordable over the door storage options.
Shop Mudroom Storage Options
You can find us on our blogs or connect with each of us on Instagram: