This week we are hearing the inside scoop on Suzannah’s modern traditional kitchen renovation! This kitchen transformation was 100% DIY. Join in today and hear all about the renovation.
In this episode, we cover the biggest projects and design decisions (flooring, lighting, cabinets and more). Plus, we she still chose white cabinets even though she’s a bit bored of them. Would she do anything different if she was doing the modern traditional kitchen again? Learn all that and more (including the price of this transformation – it’s going to blow your mind!) today on the show.
Links to posts and images we talked about:
- Listen back to episode 67, where Suzannah shared the design challenges and plans
- Suzannah’s slate-look sheet vinyl installation tutorial (flooring by Armstrong Flooring)
- Suzannah’s post and video about building her own cabinets (which are from Walcraft Cabinetry–see her comparison post here)
- Suzannah’s post on her marble-look quartz countertops and money-saving tips
- How Suzannah chose her sink and faucet (both from Elkay)
- Suzannah’s post on how to choose cabinet hardware and the ones she loves from Sumner Street Hardware
- Suzannah’s DIY thicker wood open shelf tutorial–plus how they kind of look floating and worked above a tile backsplash
- How Suzannah saved almost $4k on nicer, traditional-look handle appliances (hint: scratch-and-dent sources like Sears Outlet)
- The full BUDGET breakdown of Suzannah’s kitchen reno
- Suzannah’s DIY range hood cover tutorial for her Zephyr vent hood
- @Philip_or_flop’s helpful crown molding Instagram story highlights
You can find us on our blogs or connect with each of us on Instagram: