This is my version of a month review… but just my favorites in August (aka August Loves). Whether you are here for DIY projects, family life, traveling, books or something else; I think you’ll find something that sparks your interest in these monthly recaps!
- I shared an update on the Highland Cow painting that Luke painted for me. We now sell prints in black and white, which is new.
- I’m a huge lover of vintage rugs so you know I had to figure out a way to clean them. Check it out in how to clean a vintage rug.
- On the Your Home Story Podcast this month, Suzannah shared all about her gorgeous modern traditional kitchen renovation. You have to hear about all the DIYs that went into the project and how the project was VERY AFFORDABLE.
- Peel and Stick Tile: What we think about it years and years later. Plus, how to lay it, where to buy it and more.
- We got a cat. I guess that counts as “fun” .. lol. Greyson got a cat and he’s thrilled. She’s a rescue and is about 10 weeks old. So far, she’s been pretty sweet and hasn’t caused any issues. We will see how long that lasts though.
- Luke and I squeezed in a few lunch dates this month (thanks to school starting). No dinner dates, but lunch dates are pretty nice too. Shoes on the Shop My Closet page.
Greyson actually wanted to be in a picture – that’s so rare. Had to document a pretty good family selfie.
- You know I love to read. I feel like this month wasn’t the best for books, but here’s what I just finished.
- My hands down FAVORITE book that I read this month was Genius Foods: Become Smarter, Happier and More Productive While Protecting Your Brain For Life. I found a ton of it really interesting (some parts were dry though too) and now, I’m eating Kimchi and drinking Kombucha and even trying fish here and there.
- The Tuscan Child by Rhys Bowen was a good low-key read. It’s a historical fiction set back in 1944 and has that present day/past day back and forth sharing about the evolving stories of a parent and child. Anyways, if you like historical fiction, then pick this one up.
- All The Missing Girls by Megan Miranda was great. It was a psychological suspense but not too deep nor too scary. It held me captive which I always enjoy.
- A Thousand Letters by Staci Heart was definitely one that I wouldn’t recommend. It’s almost a five star book on Amazon and I thought it was extremely boring. It’s a contemporary romance but I wasn’t draw in by it nor by the characters.
- Challenge Accepted by Celeste Barber was a complete letdown. If you follow her on IG then you know that she’s hilarious. Her PHOTOS seriously are so good. The book though, totally fell flat.
- I’m sneakily (hiding it from Greyson) working on sourcing a few new things for his room makeover. I just bought these Harry Potter sheets for him and I think he’s going to flip out over them.
- I’m getting ready to do a gallery wall in our master bedroom. I get so much enjoyment out of looking at our family trip pictures so I decided that I wanted to see more of them. I bought these modern wood frames from Target (waiting on them to ship). I can’t wait to get them and get started with that project. I’ll share soon for sure.
I have fun writing these monthly recap posts. It’s always fun to look back on the month to see what we did. I hope you enjoy the August Loves post and if you did and haven’t seen any others, check out the July Love List.