Just my favorite things, called Feb Loves, rounded up in one place for the month.
I had so much fun sharing what I read and tried in January that I decided to keep it up. It’s definitely going to be a monthly post. My favorite bloggers are those who share more than just DIY or design; they share more about themselves and their families. So, I’m hoping I can continue to be one of your favorite bloggers by sharing more about me and my family. =)
So, Feb loves… here they are.
- I took a day off work in the middle of the week a few weeks ago and drove two hours to meet up with an Instagram friend! Kelsey and I connected last year and decided that we lived close enough to each other to meet up. We had a blast chatting (we both went to Christian schools growing up, played competitive basketball and have lived around the midwest), eating and vintage shopping. BTW, Bentonville has some really cool stores; so, if you are close by, you definitely need to check it out.
- I enjoyed listening to A Fake Bank for Money Laundering by Planet Money! The episode is short, maybe twenty minutes, but so interesting! You should check it out, if it piques your interest at all.
- Luke and I just finished Designated Survivor (season 1 and 2) and are anxiously waiting until they release the next season. If you like a political drama, it’s a good one! Not too deep nor dark and the characters are relatable. I especially love the character of the President.
- Valentine’s Day isn’t a huge holiday over here. Luke and I pretty much think it’s a money making holiday for stores and aren’t into it. On the other hand, I do love to put a smile on Greyson’s face and he still loves crazy, over-the-top things on holidays. So, I had a crazy idea to have an “ice cream sundae breakfast” before school. He LOVED it… I’m sure his teacher didn’t. LOL.
- We officially have a working washer and dryer in the powder bathroom! Yay! If you’ve been following along on the journey, then you probably read about the snowball effect that is currently taking place, but I’m working on it!
- We FINALLY got all the organizing pieces in Greyson’s room. It’s looking SO MUCH BETTER. I’ll share a post on that soon!
- I shared a post about cleaning kitchen shelves and, boy, do they look nice.
- I also updated a shopping guide for modern planters. If you love some of my planters and are wanting to purchase a few new ones.
ATE & DRANK
- Luke made me homemade almond syrup for my morning lattes. I was using the store-bought almond syrup, but it has a bunch of yucky stuff in it. Well, we ran out of it and only one grocery store in town carries it. So, instead of buying another bottle… he experimented and made some. I like it even better. Would you guys be interested in the recipe?
- We managed a few date nights this month and it’s been great. Before Christmas, we were trying to go once per week and then we kinda fell out of the rhythm of making it happen. If you are local, we love Cafe Cusco (where I wore this).
Get the Look on the Shop My Closet page
- I read Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese and I have to say, it was a hard book to get into but very deep and thought-provoking once I got into it. I definitely recommend it!
- I also read Living with Pattern: Color, Texture, and Print at Home by Rebecca Atwood. I HIGHLY recommend this. I borrowed it from the library but I then went ahead and purchased it. It was so good!
- I bought two more closet organizers for our master closet. We have two others and, after living with the closet for two years, I knew I wanted two more.
- Apparently, I’m in an organizing mindset because I also bought bins for Greyson’s room (to organize his legos). I bought mostly the large light wood bins but did buy a few smaller ones as well.
- I listen and read quite a bit about business. This past month, I really enjoyed Episode 359: How to Build a Business You Enjoy Even with Little Time with Dana Malstaff of the Smart Passive Income podcast. It had some great time management ideas and I just appreciated Dana’s perspective on being a mom and running a non-traditional business.
So, tell me what were your Feb Loves? What did you enjoy this month? Any new reads, shows, etc.?