Before we dive into 2022 projects, let's do the 2021 Project Recap. It's filled with lots of great projects that were actually completed and a few that didn't quite get done yet.
You'll definitely want to tune in to the podcast for this one. Luke (my husband) is on the show and it's a conversational chat about all the projects. Grab the link to individual projects below for more information though!
2021 Project Recap
- We successfully hired out our flagstone patio and river rock creek. We love it more than we thought possible. This was definitely our favorite project from last year.
- Surprise! We decided to go ahead with our solar panel and battery installation. We've had them installed for about a month now, so are definitely new to seeing the energy usage/outage but will share all the details in a few months when we have more data.
- Insurance paid for 85% of a new roof for us (and everyone else in our neighborhood). I don't want to say we were thankful for the storm that came through, but we were thankful for insurance because the roof that we had was way past its life cycle. We went with architectural shingles on the two top rooflines and a high-end metal roof on the bottom. I haven't done a post just on the roof (I don't think I will either) but if you'd like to see pictures, check out the solar panel post.
- As far as DIY projects go, the free little library is a definite favorite. It provides me so much joy. If you've been considering one of those, go for it!
- Not the flashiest DIY, but I cut a rug in the basement and it worked so well. It's a DIY that I feel so great about. Slow progress down there otherwise, but the rug is great!
- I put some major thought and effort into the sunroom this year. It's such a charming room of ours now. There could still be improvements on the office side of the space, but it all makes me smile.
- The basement bathroom is high up on the list. We started tiling over the holidays (two years ago) and picked the tiling back up this holiday season. We are STILL tiling so I'll let you know when we get past that and have some fun photos to share. LOL
- The cabin is still a work in progress as well. We laid most of the flooring before it got too cold, in November, but now we are pretty much waiting on the weather to warm up a bit before doing more out there. I'm pretty confident that we can get the space done, or at least mostly done, by summer!
- We plan to have a woodworker build in a wardrobe in Greyson's room this year. We built a really cool loft for his space a few years ago and it's time to actually have a functional space for books, legos and clothes in that space. Bittersweet, but it's time.
- We are hiring out some hardscaping along the front of our yard. It's the same contractor that did our flagstone patio and dry rock creek and it'll, hopefully, have the same feel. That project is starting in the next month or so.
I'm sure there will be plenty of small projects happening here and there but, overall, my hope is to be super intentional about how I plan and use my time and money. I'm pretty content with our home as it is now and just don't want to be overextended. I still love projects though, so finding the balance is going to be key.
Well, I think that sums up 2021 pretty well and the plans for 2022. I hope I can inspire you with the projects that we choose to tackle. Cheers!