Now that I’ve replaced all the door knobs on the top floor of my house, I feel like I’m a pro with installing door knobs. This project for installing a dummy door knob is a bit different so I decided to show you a tutorial. Learn How to Install a Door Knob including how to remove an old door knob, what a dummy door knob is and more.
What Does Dummy Door Knob Mean?
Dummy Door Knob Installation Video
The first thing you have to do when installing a new door knob is to remove the old one.
How To Remove An Old Door Knob?
It’s a SIMPLE process. Grab a screwdriver with a head that matches the screw pattern of the screws that are holding the door knob in. Unscrew the screws and pull the door knob off. It’s really that simple.
Installing a Dummy Door Knob
- Remove the old door knob.
- If the screw pattern of the old door knob and the new door knob are the same, screw in the new door knob.
- If the screw patterns are different, find the center of the door, using a level, make sure your new door knob is level and mark the screw holes with a pencil.
- Drill pilot holes for the new screws.
- Follow installation instructions for your new door knob and attach.