This is my version of a month review... but just my favorites in June (with a bit of April and May in there too because I skipped the round-ups the past two months). Whether you are here for DIY Projects, family life, traveling, books or something else; I think you'll find something that sparks your interest in these monthly recaps!
What I've Enjoyed, Loved and Used in June
- Another piece to the guest bedroom got marked off the list when I shared the tutorial for how to install a door knob. I'm hoping to get hardwood flooring installed in here this year as well, but that's probably it for this space until 2020!
- Want to learn how to sell on Facebook Marketplace successfully? I shared all my secrets.
- We are still chugging along on the powder bathroom. If you get my newsletter (if not, sign up to receive it plus get tips that I send out every week!), then you know that we ran out of tile and it took forever for it to come back in. Well, I can officially say that the tiling is done. Yay!
- A lighting update in the kitchen still has me swooning.
- Lego storage is the bomb. That's all.
- Finding off the rack bamboo shades but that are in the wrong size? I have you covered with how to cut bamboo blinds. Or, another bamboo shade tutorial that's a $10 hack!
- Greyson and I worked on building out the entryway closet. I had thought that a bench and hooks would be a good fit in there. While Luke was in London on work, we got busy. Two months later (today) we finally finished it. Can't wait to share but here's a sneak peek!
- Iceland! We loved it. I just published a post about our Family trip to Iceland, so definitely check it out if you are curious.
- I listened to a podcast by Planet Money on Gym memberships. It was so interesting. It's short, so if you are curious about how gyms make money and marketing tactics, I'd recommend it.
- Luke and I don't have the same taste in podcasts but he recommended What Women Really Want by Today Explained. It talks about equal pay day and the date difference for women of different ethnicities and more. It was an interesting topic to hear discussed for sure.
- We've been spending almost every weekend at the lake. It makes for hardly any weekend projects going on, but we love it.
ATE & DRANK
- We are still cooking at the Minimalist Kitchen cookbook and are really loving it. We just made the veggie fajitas and they were another hit. Highly recommend buying the cookbook!
- Luke and I went to a new-to-us pizza restaurant downtown called Vito's. It was so great. I'm not much of a pizza eater but the crust was amazing. Definitely the best pizza place in town.
My date night outfit for our pizza date. Get the Look on the Shop My Closet page
- Lots of books have been read recently, some great and other's not-so great. Remember, since I didn't do a round-up post in April or May, these are really from the last three months.
- Becoming by Michelle Obama - Whatever your views on politics are, I think you'd enjoy this. I loved the glimpse of the White House behind the scenes. I really really enjoyed this!
- The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons - A love story set back in 1941 during the war. The character development was great and it's part of a series (which I always appreciate). Highly recommend!
- Prince Caspian by C.S. Lewis - Greyson and I are still making our way through this whole series. We enjoyed this one for sure.
- The Dentist of Auschwitz: A Memoir by Benjamin Jacobs - It's always chilling to read about Auschwitz but I think it's important.
- Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling (Illustrated Version) - The best book in the Harry Potter series to this point. Greyson and I loved it.
- Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood - She's such a different style of author than I'm used to. I really enjoyed this book.
- Instead of making wood plaques, I bought some for my entryway. They cost me about $1.12 each so I thought that was well-worth the convenience of purchasing them. I love how the antler wall turned out.
- I also finally splurged and bought the table that I'd been wanting for years for our entryway. If you are sensing an "entryway" makeover or update coming soon, then you'd be right. Shhhh....
- I did hit up a few sales for Memorial Day for my closet. I added them to the shop my closet page. Luke and I are headed to California next month for our anniversary, so I couldn't resist this cute combo.